FORT WAYNE, IN – A 24-year-old Fort Wayne man who was charged in a fatal shooting at The Muse on Main in 2020 has returned to Allen County.
Cameron Starks was charged with murder for Shamon Little’s death on November 27, 2020.
Starks was serving time at Westville Correctional Facility for unlawful carrying of a handgun when he was charged earlier this month, and he was returned to Allen County on Tuesday.
He is scheduled for an initial hearing in the case on Thursday.
According to a probable cause affidavit, investigators began speaking with former jailmates of a man who claimed to have been at The Muse on Main during the shooting earlier this year. The man was identified as Starks’ friend and a member of the suspect’s gang.
According to court records, the man allegedly told police that there was a disagreement between the group he was with and the one that included Little and his brother. A verbal altercation between the groups escalated into a fight.
As the brawl continued, the man told police that he saw Starks fire his gun at Little’s brother, but the victim dodged the bullet, according to court documents. His group fled after the shooting, but when they reunited at the man’s house later, Starks allegedly claimed responsibility for the killing, saying, “I saw him drop.”
According to court records, Starks’ friend told police about a rap about the alleged shooting that the suspect recorded. He stated that it was either called “Headshot” or “45.”
According to court documents, a detective who listened to the rap heard the rapper bragging about shooting someone with a.45 caliber gun. The detective mentioned that it was recorded on the one-year anniversary of Little’s death.